Thursday, January 20, 2011

Book Mountain Stack

You can tell a lot about a person by the books they read and the messes they make.

What do you see in us by looking at this honest mosaic? LOL Wait...nevermind. Not sure I wanna hear an honest answer.

This is a before picture of the "Library", also known as Book Mountain. My daughter began calling this room Book Mountain after a notorious incident in our home...the day frustrated homeschool Mama dumped all the books out of their boxes, searching for a specific science book. It took me forever to gather the courage to get in there and clean my temper tantrum.

And I still haven't found that book.

All the books have been removed from the room. The walls are painted. 4 bookshelves will be decoupaged with pages from my antique books. My back is killing me and I'm sick of being slimy and icky with liquid starch all day, but I'm determined. I'm not quiting until the job is done. Hopefully by the end of next week, I'll have it the way I want it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


A book reads the better which is our own, and has been so long known to us, that we know the topography of its blots, and dog's ears, and can trace the dirt in it to having read it at tea with buttered muffins. ~Charles Lamb, Last Essays of Elia, 1833

Be blessed and Be a Blessing.
Hooches and Smugs.
((((((Group Hug))))))))

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...