Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Thrifting Yummy Loot

I don't buy or find a lot of cool magazines, but this one had a bunch of sweet crochet patterns. There is a small granny square head band pattern I can't wait to make.



Pure, glorious, serendipity. I collect art books because I love art and art history....as in...I REALLY love...super, crazy love art history!!! We use them in our homeschool and having books on hand for various time periods always helps paint a context for history studies. Even if we didn't homeschool, I would still buy them up when I find them. If you ever get tired of looking at the book, you can always rip them up and collage the pages to the wall. :)

My daughter is going to Greece and Rome in May and we had just left a meeting with the woman who is leading the group. We walked into the thrift store and found these massive, perfect, brand new books and had a good laugh. I swear they weigh 40 lbs together. I could do curls with them and have beautiful arms...if I wanted. It was an exciting find. We only paid $1.00 a piece for them.



I saw these two pictures and my heart melted. Aren't they lovely? We are re-doing my daughter's room and she wants them, but if I can talk her into changing her mind, I might put them in my sewing room. I love the frames too. This has got to be one of my most favorite finds lately. Just too sweet! I LOVE SWEET THINGS!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...