Friday, November 21, 2008

2nd Degree Hot Wax Burn

**This is my most read, google searched and found post.**
If this happens to you,
DO NOT TOUCH THE WAX ON YOUR FACE.  LEAVE IT THERE AND GET TO A DOCTOR IMMEDIATELY. 
 
DO NOT TOUCH IT OR
TRY TO REMOVE THE WAX!!!!!
 
You need to see a doctor or  the emergency room.  You will need burn cream, a possible tetanus shot and probably antibiotics.  
******************************************

My poor baby. My heart was broken in a million pieces Wednesday helping my daughter in agony. She was melting wax, PER EXACT INSTRUCTIONS, in the microwave. I guess she was going to work on her eyebrows without me. *sigh*

She saw it bubble up like a volcano, shoot out as a Yellowstone fountain right at her face. It covered parts of her face, her neck, up her nose and right hand. It got all over her clothing, but who cares about that. I just keep praising God it didn't get in her eye.

In a panic, we tried to get the wax off her face. DO NOT EVER, EVER, EVER do that if this happens to you. Just leave it there, and the burn creams you use will soften the "concrete super glue like wax" in time. Good God, we peeled the skin off in the process, only making things worse. It was the most heart wrenching, disgusting thing I ever witnessed with one of my children. We took her to the emergency room and they treated the burns and gave her some meds.

Look how pitiful she looks the first night. Doesn't she break your heart? I'm sick over it. She cried for hours and got tears in her burn. I finally got her to lay down, so the tears would run down the other way. *sniff*



Yesterday morning, her hand looked some better. Her face looked worse. Her nose was swollen and the burn was all crusty. I thought I was going to be sick, so Daddy had to come in and save the day. I can't handle pain or blood with one of my kids. My insides freak out and I feel faint.

She's having a hard time finding comfort. You have to wait a burn out. There is no quick healing. Last night was miserable. She tried to snuggle but it just wasn't working. Today her face wound bled a little and I guess it's trying to finally scab. I can't tell yet. To top it all off, she now has a cold and her poor little nose is dripping. I want to wrap her up in a blanky and rock away all her tears.

Every time I look at it, I'm so mad I could spit nails.  No one hurts my girl and lives to tell about it. 



Here is her courageous self-portrait, attempting to be brave and hopeful of no scarring. Her burn is in the shape of India or Africa...we can't decide. So if she scars, she'll at least have a cool looking shape on her face. *sigh*

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...